Saturday, February 20, 2016

Roosevelt Corollary Political Cartoon


Analyze

This political cartoon is on the topic of the Roosevelt corollary. I know this because it shows Roosevelt on a platform that says Roosevelt Doctrine. The cartoonist was against the Roosevelt corollary. I know this because it shows Roosevelt as a big scary figure invading Panama with all of his weapons and tools. However, some may see this as a positive message towards the topic. I believe this because if some one was really for the idea they could see this as viewing Roosevelt as a powerful figure and not as an invading one. In this cartoon I see techniques such as labeling and a lot of exaggeration. I see labeling on the flag and land. However, I see a ton of exaggeration, in Roosevelt's size and the Panamanian man's size and also in the amount of weapons he is carrying. This supports my idea of the belief of invasion in the way the U.S. acted during this time period. 

Citation

https://history204group4.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/guidepic2.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment