Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Panama Canal Political Cartoon


Analyze

This cartoon is on the topic of the panama canal. I know this because on the ground beneath his feet it is labeled panama canal. The cartoonist is showing Roosevelt as a hardworking powerful man that will build this canal no matter who or what is standing in the way. I know this because the caption, "the man who can make dirt fly" says that he is hardworking, and he is also removing from his way the people trying to stop him. Others might see Roosevelt in this cartoon as over powerful or forceful. The techniques I see are labeling on the ground and on the shovel handle, and I see exaggeration in Roosevelt's size. I, like the cartoonist, believed Roosevelt was determined to build this canal and would not let anything stop him.

Citation

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/06/cf/25/06cf25431a4a0837c779e6554c23374b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment