Saturday, February 20, 2016

Spanish American War Political Cartoon


Analyze

This cartoon is on the topic of the Sapnish-American war.  I know this because of the war ships in the background and the Spain island.  In the cartoon it seems as if the soldier is jumping off of the Spain island to attack the ship in the background and is being stopped. This makes me believe the cartoonist was with the U.S in the war in stopping Spain. I think with the picture of the soldier being hit can make people with easy hearts turn against the U.S. For techniques in this cartoon I notice labeling and exaggeration. I see labeling in the islands representing the states. I also see exaggeration in the state's size and the man's size as well. I agree with the cartoonist in the sense that the U.S. had full power and control over the Spanish-American war and that it was right for us to win.

Citation

http://spanishamericanwar.info/causecartoon.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment